Designs and engineers transformers and custom magnetics including preparing manufacturing documentation, and drawings. Develops accurate estimates which are in keeping with the marketing and profit strategies set by the company. Works directly with customers in a technical advisor role to further the company's sales and marketing objectives.
· Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
· Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform assignments.
· Produces clear and precise shop floor documentation packages into manufacturing environment to facilitate the complete build cycle of products.
· Understands customer specs and requirements with the ability to translate them into the production environment.
· Have the ability to trouble shoot as well as aid customers with design requirements and applications.
· Serves in a technical sales role with customer interaction with procurement, engineering and upper management personnel.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field, preferably with at least 4 -5 years of experience in transformer and miscellaneous magnetic devices, experience in down-hole electronics for the oil and gas industry is a plus
· Knowledge of computer-assisted engineering and design software
· Experience with Solid Works
· Can effectively communicate within the engineering team, shop floor supervision as well as with customers
· Must be willing to work with a diverse cultural group of talented people
· Must have advanced analytical skills, a positive attitude and desire to succeed
To express interest in this position and joining the Houston Transformer Team Apply Here
Houston Transformer is an Equal Opportunity Employer